Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Globe, Tate Modern, Tower of London, and Billy Elliot

Seeing the Globe Theater (12/14) was pretty amazing (if you don’t know what that is it’s where Shakespeare’s plays were performed back during his time). It was very weird because there was no roof and it was like stadium seating? I don’t know it’s hard to explain, just look at the picture. The guy taking us around was explaining to us that the theaters unique design effects how the actors perform which I thought was very interesting.

After exploring the theater and doing an acting workshop, we went to the Tate Modern, which I had been looking forward to the entire trip! It was one of the best Museums I’ve ever been too! I loved it! They had all my favorite artists including Monet, Pollock, Dalí, Lichtenstein and… ANDY WARHOL! They ad an entire Andy Warhol Room! It was awesome :D

Yesterday (12/15), we went to the Tower of London. It was such a fiasco getting there. Basically, there was a ton of construction and delays on the tube, and Randy, Amy, Emily, and myself were about half an hour late. Patsy was not happy about it to say the least, so we had to pay for our own tickets. Patsy reimbursed Randy though so I need to e-mail her about that.

Anyway, the Tower of London was great! We saw the Queen’s crown jewels and Henry VIII armor and just walked all around. There were a lot of guards so we finally got some great pictures that we had been looking to take. We also saw the London Tower Bridge, which is so beautiful.

Later that night we saw Billy Elliot and it was phenomenal. I can’t even believe how good it was. I was crying during half the show; all the parts when he talked about his dead mom, and the talent of these kids was just so unreal. That show just made me wish I could do what those kids could do. I felt like such a dork crying during the show, but that’s just me for ya :)

Later that night a few of us went to a dance club called TigerTiger, which was a lot of fun. We danced and hung out and Steve tried teaching me how to Salsa, but that clearly didn’t work so well. We’ll have to try that again in the near future!

Today (12/16) was a day off so I slept in until about 1PM. Faryn had already left to go shopping. I considered going shopping myself, but I looked out the window and saw rain and lost my motivation. I finally submitted my Mother Courage review, so now I just have one more long review and one short review. I’m definitely writing a long review for Billy Elliot! Since its been a little while since Seize the Day so I might just do a short one on Peter Pan or War Horse since those are shows we’re seeing this week.

All of done today is THINK about writing my Billy Elliot review, and bought some groceries and went to Pret A Manger with Kamara. Don’t hate on me for being lazy, I’ve been doing so much! I bought myself a premade dinner thing so hopefully its good (trying to save a little money!) speaking of which, I’m all about of pounds! I need to exchange some ASAP. Don’t know what’s the plan for tonight. More to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment