Friday, December 18, 2009

Wrapping things up with Peter Pan & War Horse

Thursday (12/17) was another lazy day for me. I just relaxed more, made myself breakfast, nothing too crazy. I spent a good portion of the day writing my Billy Elliot review and got most of it done, but we had a scheduled dinner with the whole group and it was time to get a move on there.

So we went to what seemed like it was going to be a really great place for dinner, but it was quite disappointing. I got a Caesar salad that wasn’t good (how hard is it to screw up Caesar salad?) this lobster ravioli bisque thing which sucked because it was like 2 bites and didn’t even taste good, and I got a brownie for dessert which also tasted crappy. Oh well what can you do. The waiter knew Faryn and I (she ordered the same stuff as me) were unhappy with out meals so he brought each of us an order of French fries :P

After dinner we saw Peter Pan. Although I love Peter Pan, it wasn’t the best rendition of it I’d ever seen. It was very cool because all the actors were on wires and flying in the air at times, and there was also this projector system that surrounded the place which was very cool, but I guess the acting wasn’t so great. I don’t know really but it was a little disappointing. I slept threw some of it! That night it was SO COLD! It started to snow here which is the first snow I’ve seen all year! I don’t know what the exclamation points are for because I wasn’t excited lol

Today I wanted to do some shopping on my last full day in London, so Randy, Leanne and I went back to Oxford Circus and I finally went to HARRODS! It was a great place but I obviously didn’t buy anything. The place was ridiculous, they had a pet kingdom, and they had puppy bulldogs that were £4000 each! What?! Seriously!!? For a puppy?! I don’t get why people don’t just adopt their pets.

Anyway, we went to pizza hut for lunch! Haha, it was delicious and I needed some greasy American food. I got the buffet, so I ended up eating so much pizza that I was too full to eat dinner that night.

The show we saw tonight was called War Horse. I was actually excited to see it because we had heard it was very good, but I was sooooooo tired from shopping all day. Basically, I didn’t like the show, well at least the parts I was awake for! It just wasn’t that exciting and it took place during WWI and I don’t know. There were certain parts that were very good, like the horses were these amazing puppets that needed 3 people to handle, and there was music in the show that I thought was pretty good, but I thought the story and acting were both pretty bland overall.

Anyway, when we got back, I finished and submitted my Billy Elliot review, and finished my draft for my small Seize the Day review! After I submit that one which will be soon, I only have my final essay to do which I’m going to work on during the plane ride tomorrow. Well time for sleep soon… I’m going to finish packing in the morning and then off to the airport :D

No comments:

Post a Comment