Sunday, December 6, 2009

Frustrating Morning, but Mother Courage was AMAZING!

Yesterday I didn’t do much because I didn’t go to bed until 5 AM the night before! I made sure I finished one of my long reviews before I went to sleep (friday) so that I didn’t have to worry about submitting it on time (due on Saturday). So when I went to sleep I had the rough draft of my Inherit the Wind review finished and I e-mailed it to Ben so he could proofread it for me.

So naturally I didn’t set an alarm (for Saturday) because we had the whole day off and I thought it would be nice to not have to wake up to an alarm. When I woke up, I looked at the clock and it was 4 PM! I’ve never slept that late in my life. I guess I’m still jetlagged. I got up and finished my Inherit the Wind review, and did a mini-review for The Woman in Black. a lot of us went out for a nice dinner to a place called Prezzo which is right down the block, really convenient. The dinner was great and it was nice to dress up a little since I haven’t at all on this trip. When I came back to the room I watched 2 episodes of Ugly Betty and 2 episodes of Private Practice :P

This morning (12/6) was a bit annoying to say the least. Patsy asked us on Friday if everyone wanted to go for a meal to talk about the shows and whatnot either before or after the show today (Sunday). We decided then that we would do lunch at 1 PM. APPARENTLY the lunch was moved to 12, but the e-mail wasn’t sent out until 9ish this morning. I didn’t have my alarm set until 11:30 because I anticipated going to lunch at 1!! Faryn and I get a knock on the door at 11:25 that everyone is leaving at 11:30. I was so pissed off that nobody let us know earlier.

I figured Steve might not know that the time was changed wither, so Faryn went upstairs to see if they were up while I was getting ready, but him, Randy, Emily, and Amy left without us. To say the least I was pissed off by this whole situation, and of coarse Faryn and I were the only ones out of the loop, and 20 minutes late. I still don’t understand why the lunch was moved to 12 when the show didn’t start until 2:30! Whatever, I could go on and on about this, but there is no point venting here.

Anyway, we say Mother Courage and her Children, which starred Fiona Shaw who is Aunt Petunia in Harry Potter. Patsy says she’s one of the biggest stage stars in London. The show was AMAZING! I loved it so much. The special effects as well as the music were great, and Fiona Shaw was spectacular. I’m probably going to write a review about it, but haven’t decided if I’m going to do a long one or a short one.

That’s another thing! Patsy lessened our work load! Now we only have to do THREE long reviews instead of 4 AND she got rid of the deadlines! I’m probably going to write things right after the shows anyway, but this way I don’t have to stress about getting them in on time.

That’s pretty much it for now. I’m in my room just killing time, and Faryn is out with some of her friends that are here on term abroad. I’m still pissed about this morning though. But the show definitely cheered me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment